Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Still Running the Race

I'm still alive and kicking. Had a battle with a head cold last weekend and then my FMS flared up at the end of the week, So I really haven't had a chance to post anything until now.


Been feeling kind of down lately because my birthday is just around the corner. It just seems surreal that I'm going to be forty. The funny thing is I don't feel like I'm forty. I just have a hard time believing it. On the other hand I feel like I've lived a couple of lifetimes already. In four short decades I have done and seen so much (the Great Pyramids anyone). Yet, sometimes it feels like my life is just beginning. I guess that's because I'm still running the race. I know I'll cross that finish line someday, but until then, I'm going to keep running.


Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. - Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment