Sunday, December 18, 2011

Not so random thoughts

I am always amazed at how God uses everyday things to remind me of His truth. Like for instance I was using a lint roller, you know the sticky paper on a roll that you have to peel back when they get to covered with lint. and I realized that as Christians we are a lot like those lint rollers.

You see when you use a lint roller it starts out nice and clean and really sticky, but as it comes in contact with lint it starts to lose it's stickiness. So we then have to peel away the lint filled layer so it will work properly again. Like the lint roller we need God to constantly peel away the layers of stuffed left by the world if we want to continue to be effective.

So next time you feel like your ministry isn't as effective as it could be, ask yourself when was the last time you let God peel away your layers. We all need God's grace daily, even more so when we work in ministry. Thankfully His mercies are new every morning.

Sometimes random everyday activities lead me to random thoughts of God's grace and truth. Just thought I would share, because if God can bless me through my random thoughts maybe He can bless you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment