Wednesday, December 14, 2011

O Christmas Tree...

This year we did not get our tree up until last weekend and only finished decorating it yesterday. We usually get this done on the weekend after Thanksgiving but due to a very hectic schedule this season did not get around to it until this week. what that all means is that the tree will probably be the extent of our decorating this year so I will not be creating a Lego Christmas Village under the tree. (I usually start designing the houses and layout in late September.) Kind of bummed about that but what can you do? Just have to try harder next year.

Decorating the tree did provide us with some much needed reflection and reminiscing. We like to get a new ornament each year for each member of the family and this year was no different. My wonderful wife got me a baby grand piano ornament this year and it reminded me that God's call on my life is very plain to see. I love to sing and play music for my Lord, but more importantly I try to make every moment an opportunity to worship (i.e. serve) God.

No comments:

Post a Comment