Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Worship Wednesdays: Are You Willing?

When I sat down to write this article, I found it difficult at first to decide on a topic. Nothing seemed to feel right and there were too many distractions, and that is when it hit me. I should write what I know.

Sounds simple and well it is. You see, I'm not some great theologian or philosopher, gosh I'm not even that great of a musician and singer. But, what I am is willing. I was willing to step up when our church needed a worship leader. Strangely enough it was because I was literally the last man standing. I never really wanted to be in charge, and I would give it up in a heart beat if I felt God was moving me someplace else. the reality of it is that I just want to serve him. God in turn has placed me in a position not only where I can best serve Him, but also where I can do what I love.

Don't get me wrong, I love to sing, and I thoroughly enjoy leading worship every Sunday, but I was willing to do anything God called me to do, and remain content singing in my pew. God called, I answered, and He provided me with the ability to get the job done. Also, I don't want you to think that I think I'm all that. I know my strengths, but I'm also painfully aware of my weaknesses. I'm far from perfect, but God doesn't require perfection. If He did, none of us would measure up.

So, here it is, another challenge. Would we be willing to give it all up and do some other less than desirable job in the church, maybe one with little or no recognition. If God told us to give up being worship leaders and go clean toilets, would we? Are we willing to do everything God has called us to do?



No comments:

Post a Comment