Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Reaching My One

Our Pastor issued our congregation a challenge this year called Each One Reach One. The idea is that if each one of us reached at least one person with gospel then the Kingdom of God would double in size. Lives would be changed and our own congregation would grow. So I have been giving some serious thought to the challenge of reaching one person this year with the gospel, but even after weeks of praying I still hadn't figured out who my one should be.

Fast forward to last night at our class to get licenced for foster care and adoption. My wife and I were talking about how there were so many children in the system and how great the need is. It was then that I remembered a quote by Mother Theresa "If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one." I realized I can't help all the children in the system but I can make the difference in one child's life. Let me say that again. I can make a difference in ONE child's life. So now I'm praying for my one, my one that I havn't even met yet, but God knows them and has already chosen them to be a part of our family and His.

No comments:

Post a Comment