Friday, March 30, 2012

Celebrity

So I have been standing in line for 2 hours to buy a cookbook. Really? Really. Food Network star Giada di Laurentis is doing a book signing here in Smithfield RI. As I stand here waiting, I started to think about why are people so fascinated with celebrities. What is it about the rich and famous that makes us do irrational things, like stand in line for hours on end. Maybe by meeting someone famous we will feel better about our own lives. Maybe not.

I then started thinking about how I already know the most famous, most important, and most powerful person to ever walk the face of the earth. I'm friends with the Christ, the incarnate God. Just as Giada's family doesn't have to wait in line to get 5 minutes with her, I have direct access to the throne room of God, no waiting, anytime.

So, will I be getting out of line? No, but I'm not here because of her celebrity either. I'm here to say "thank you" to someone who has helped me learn how to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment