Sunday, May 20, 2012

Walking in a Fog

So I haven't posted an entry for a while now. Not because I haven't wanted to, but rather because I have been suffering from major FMS flare-ups. To quote one of my favorite songs "lately the weather has been so bi-polar" which has caused intense pain and my favorite "fibro-fog."I can handle the pain (most of the time) but not being able to keep a coherent thought in my head is intensely frustrating.

I was thinking about that the other day because I realized that I wasn't the easiest person to live with most of the last week. I thank God for the grace which my family extended unto me. Then I realized that I am not very quick to extend that grace to others. After all most of the world don't know God or have a skewed view of who God is. They walk around, much as I did this past week, in a fog. Only their fog is of a spiritual nature.

The mind that is not renewed through God's Spirit cannot comprehend spirital things. They either are completely blind to the things of God or they see things through a fog which distorts the truth. This can lead to frustration over things they do not either understand or even preceive.

The sad thing is that when we don't extend grace and understanding to those in darkness we drive them further away from God. We have convinced ourselves that it is our job to point out their sins and then compel them to come to repentance. The fact is, it is God who convicts, and it is God who saves. Our job is to love them like Jesus loved.

I'm not saying we ignore sin or give approval to sinful lifestyles, but we need to look past the sin to the person, because that is what God does. He loves the sinner and wants to cleanse them from sin. As we become more like Jesus we need to remember that we can only do the first part and only God can do the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment