Monday, July 9, 2012

Managing Mondays: Easy Fettuccine Alfredo

This is a go to recipe for my family. Sasha, my growing up way to fast daughter, loves Fettuccine Alfredo and since I need to be careful about what I eat due to the Fibro we found this simple yet tasty recipe.

Fettuccine Alfredo




Ingredients:

8 ounces dried fettuccine
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup heavy cream (light cream or half n half can be substituted)
1/2 teaspoon salt (I use kosher or sea salt)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper (I prefer fresh ground)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (fresh is always better)
  1. Cook pasta according to directions on package
    • Note: when I cook my pasta I bring the water to a rolling boil (the water continues to boil when stirred) I then liberally salt the water before adding the pasta.I then cook until al dente (firm but not hard)
  2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan melt the butter. Add the cream, salt and pepper. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese (I like to use a whisk for this.) Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce while still hot. Serve in a warm serving dish and if desired sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
I have also added broccoli and sliced grilled chicken to the fettuccine to make a complete meal. Shrimp would also be a good protein to add to this and diced tomatoes would add some nice color.

No comments:

Post a Comment