Monday, September 10, 2012

Managing Mondays: First Day of School

So, we officially started our school year today. All I can say is "Wow"!

I'm just amazed how much my daughter has retained from our previous years of school. I'm also just a tad proud of her attitude toward school this year. In her own words, "I'm taking school serious this year," and she should. She is starting her 9th grade year so that makes her a High School Student.

I hate to admit that I was a little apprehensive coming into this year, but seeing her attitude toward school this morning gave me some hope for the next 4 years. Maybe we can do this. What am I saying, with God all things are possible, and homeschooling is no exception. speaking of God we have instituted a new tradition this year where we will wait to do our Bible lessons until lunch time. In the past it was the first thing we did, which made sense as we wanted to start the day with God's word. This year though we wanted to find a time when the entire family could do Bible together. Lunchtime makes sense for us as my wife works 2nd shift. That means she isn't home most nights for dinner and she isn't really awake at breakfast time. So we started to day, using our newly purchased copies of Balancing the Sword, and it was some of the best devotional/family time we have had in a while.

I highly recommend taking the time as a family to eat together, pray together, and study God's word together. It doesn't matter when you do it, just do it, and do it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment