Monday, September 28, 2009

The Road Less Travelled

Road less travelled? Yeah right. Been more of a trek through the outback with no compass or canteen. Being a stay at home dad is tough. Laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, etc., (OW, OW, OW, my head is going to explode!!!) come on ladies, fill us guys in how do you get it all done???
Seriously I know that things would be easier if I wasn't in such constant pain, but sometimes it's all just way overwhelming. I'm seriously considering hiring a maid after my wife is done with school. Anyway, am I the only guy out there that feels like this??? My wife tells me she felt the same way when she stayed home, but I still feel inadequate when it comes to all this house work. This is kinda uncharted territory in many ways. Yes, we've been homeschooling going on five years now, but this past year was my first as a full time stay at home dad. Prior to September I was still working part time at a Dunkin Donuts early in the morning, but my FMS (Fibromyalgia Syndrom) really started to take its toll. I try not to let it get me down. After all I'm still alive and kicking, well maybe not kicking, but you know what I mean. I'm just gonna have to keep reminding myself that the Good Shepherd is taking care of me, and as the psalm says I shall not want.

No comments:

Post a Comment