Monday, February 8, 2010

Another Superbowl Sunday

Wow, where does the time go. I can't believe its been an entire month since I've made a post. So anyway, watched the Superbowl, (great game, go Saints!) and one of the Superbowl commercials really stuck out to me. It was the one from the NFL thanking their fans. I sat there thinking to myself as the commercial showed all the various fans and than ended with the following words "To the best fans on the planet. Thank You." So simple yet it touched me, but not because I took it to heart that the NFL were thanking me, but because I was reminded of a similar sentiment expressed in Matthew chapter 25:21 "His master replied, `Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

Someday I will attend the greatest party in the universe, a grand wedding feast that for all intents and purposes will never end and God will turn to us and just as a proud father would, He will beam with pride over all we have done and welcome us into our true home.

Sing the wondrous love of Jesus, Sing His mercy and His grace;
In the mansions bright and blessed He'll prepare for us a place.
When we all get to heaven, What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus, We'll sing and shout the victory.

- Eliza E. Hewitt

No comments:

Post a Comment