Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Need Some Advice

Over the past few months, I have alluded to where I think God is calling me. After much reflection and prayer, I have decided to take the next step. My problem is I don't know what that step should be. I don't want to rush ahead of God, but I also know that I have to take that first step in faith.

So, here is where I think God is leading me and my dilemma. I feel called to minister with the musical ability I have been given. My heart is to bless the church through song and testimony, and I feel God is giving me the OK to move ahead to the next step. That brings me to my dilemma.

I have no idea what to do next. When I lived in New Jersey I knew many Pastors and could have probably sang in their churches to get my feet wet, or at the very least solicited advice or references. Living in Rhode Island, I really don't have the contacts I had before.

So I have two questions for everyone.

1. Do you know where I should start?

2. More importantly, do you feel this is where God is leading me? ( I have a peace about it, just looking for some confirmation and encouragement here.)

1 comment:

  1. Keith,
    I think this is something you've been working toward (in one way or another) for the majority of your adult life and therefore seems to be the next logical step for you. Your love for both music and our Lord is ever present. You are a strong person that can do anything, go for it! I don't know where you would start, but good luck getting there. =)

    ReplyDelete