Saturday, February 13, 2010

Taking Care of Business

And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” Luke 2:49


I love that verse of Scripture. In some translations it is rendered as in my Father's house, which is probably more accurate, but in either case I like the idea that being in God's house, and consequently about His business, is so much more important than anything else we may intend or want to do. I want to be about God's business. So I've taken the first steps toward that goal this week.

The week started off with my first session with my new voice coach. (Thank You for doing this Ashley!) When I was recording the Cd for my mom, I was told if I was serious about singing I should get a voice coach. (Thank You George for this advice.) And if I'm going to use my voice to minister to others, I want to do it with excellence. It's not just about getting the best sound either, its about knowing how this "instrument" works and how to take care of it. If I can learn the mechanics then I can make them automatic and have more confidence in my ability.

I've also started taking a course through Berean School of the Bible, a part of global university. If God is calling me to ministry then I want to make sure I am fully equipped for the task. I want to be about my Father's business.

No comments:

Post a Comment