Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Worship Wednesdays:It Is Well...

So, I was trying to plan out my set lists for the upcoming month (I like to plan ahead, though the lists often change before the actual service.) but was having a hard time quieting my thought and focusing on what God wants to say to His people through worship. My problem was I was distracted, distracted by worry. You see my daughter is away at summer camp for the first time. She is currently a three hour car ride away from home staying at a church camp where she know absolutely no one. Now, this was her idea, and she seems content to experience everything the camp has to offer, but my wife and I...we are nervous wrecks.

When peace like a river attendeth my way,
When sorrows like seabillows roll;
What ever my lot, Thou hast thaught me to say,
"It is well, it is well with my soul"

Those simple words of that very familiar hymn came crashing through the cacophony of my thoughts and just like that my thoughts became captive once again. You see it is human nature to worry about things that we often cannot control, but as the hymn writer notes God has taught us to say "It is well". The Holy Spirit is the comforter. He brings peace to our hearts and souls.

I've often said that worship is all about our service rendered unto God. Sometimes the greatest service we can render is trusting Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment