Monday, June 11, 2012

Managing Mondays: Spinach and Bacon Risotto Recipe


I love risotto, I love bacon, and I love spinach, so why not have it all. This turned out so much better than I thought so I just had to share.

Ingredients:
1 cup chopped spinach, cooked
1/2 lb bacon, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, grated
1 cup arborio rice
4 cups chicken broth
2 tbs unsalted butter













  1. bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium pot
  2. meanwhile render the copped bacon in a large skillet
  3. remove bacon from pan and put a side. Add onion, garlic, and rice to bacon fat and cook on Medium heat until rice becomes translucent.
  4. add hot chicken stock to rice 1/2 cup at a time, allowing rice to absorb all the liquid before adding more, stirring continually.
  5. once all the stock has been absorbed add cooked spinach and 2 tbs of butter. Remove from heat and toss in cooked bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment