Friday, October 25, 2013

Fun Fridays: Sprucing Up the Place - Quote Mural

We have spent the last couple of weekends painting the stairwell of our three tenement house. The property is owned by my mother in-law and my sister in-law and brother in-law live on the second and third floors respectively. We chose a bright yellow (Valspar - Soft Duckling) wall color that makes the stairwell clean and bright. We then decided to paint a quote on the wall on the landing between the first and second floors.


The quote is visible as you enter the side door from the porch (this is the main entrance used by the family and guests.) I really love the way it turned out. I used two complimentary colors (Valspar - Rich Chocolate and Bear Claw) that I was able to get in 8 oz. sample sizes. I drew the layout of the letters lightly in pencil and painted them freehand. The whole mural measures approx. 3 1/2 feet wide by 6 feet tall.I'm still trying to decide what to do on the landing between the second and third floors, but will definitely be sharing when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment