Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Worship Wednesday: Lift Me Up

Okay, maybe trying to get back into writing as I head into the busiest time of the year isn't the best move on my part. I'm sitting here trying to gather my thoughts and figure out what to write about, not that I don't have a lot of ideas, more like too many ideas. Where do I start!??

Pray

I forget that all important first step much of the time. I'm a very impulsive person with a bit of impatience thrown in for good measure. Put that together with being creative and having limited energy due to chronic illness and it's a wonder I finish anything. I either lose interest or become discouraged with the results (I'm a bit of a perfectionist as well.) With that said, some time spent with God in prayer puts everything back in perspective. It allows me to reconnect with the creator and be even more creative. It helps me to refocus my priorities on what is really important. I'm also reminded that I don't have to do things in my own strength and ability. As a matter of fact I shouldn't. I should be relying on God more and more.

Like a child holding his father's hand as you walk along, eventually you will tire and your father will pick you up on His shoulders. Not only will you find rest but also a new perspective on the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment