Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Cup Runeth Over...



Friday found us dragging our feet a little. Thursday had been so exhausting, a good exhausting, but exhausting none the less. We arrived at the homeschool co-op early and I had the chance to take some pictures of the church and some fall foliage.



Anyway, the co-op went well, the kids in my speech class (5th through 8th grade) seem excited about giving their first presentations next week. They have to do a 30 - 60 second reading or recitation. Even my daughter seems excited, which is so cool considering how shy she is.
After my class the kids went out for some fresh air for their health class and I got a chance to chat with one of the other parents about the art class she's teaching to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders. We were talking while her husband, who is teaching the music class, was playing around on his guitar. I mentioned how talented he was and she mentioned that he had his own studio in his basement. We talked some more and he said he could get me a better deal on the CD I was doing for my mom and would let me use my own accompaniment CD's so I'll get to use the songs I want to all along. It was like an answer to prayer because I felt bad about not being able to find a christian recording studio in the area and had felt like I was settling for something less than what I had hoped for. God is so awesome.
Did I mention that the studio was nominated for a Grammy 11 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment