Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rain Again

Well it's raining again, and that means more FMS pain. There are times when I don't understand why God allows me to be in so much pain. I cry out why me, why now, why??? It's hard to keep it all in perspective some times, but then I came across this documentary on tangle. I had no idea that Matthew West had gone through this, and I can definitely relate. To summarizes the documentary, Matthew West was on tour and preparing for his next album when weeks before recording his doctor discovered a cyst on his vocal cords and would need surgery, he spent two months not being able to speak and unsure if he would ever be able to sing again. Sometimes we get so caught up in our own ability to serve God, expecting that just because we are busy doing things for God that he will bless them, when in reality we should be doing what God wants us to do not in our own power and ability, but in God's power and timing. I joke sometimes that there is nothing I'm not capable of doing if I put my mind to it telling my wife jokingly "I've got mad skills." And without being pompous or arrogant, I really do know a lot about a lot of things, I have many skills and talents that at times I take for granted. If any of you know me personally you know what I'm talking about. I guess in the end I need to remember that even with all the pain God is still in control and maybe this is God's way of saying slow down, don't try so hard to do what you think will please Me but do what I want you to do. maybe if I slowed down I would here what it is He wants me to do. Oh one more thing below is the official video for Matthew West's "The Motions. Check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment