Saturday, October 24, 2009

On to Thursday...

My daughter and I went Apple Picking a White Oak Farms in Glocester, and it was awesome. We had a great turn out. They had planned to divide us into two groups, one would go pick apples while the other went on a hay ride, then they would switch. Well they ended up dividing us into four groups instead. The weather was perfect and to top it off since last weekend was their last open weekend of the season, we got to pick a full peck of apples instead of the quarter peck we were expecting. The children each got to take home a small pumpkin, and they also got to go on a scavenger hunt in the corn field, where two large pumpkins were hidden. My daughter didn't find them but the two children who did got to take them home. In all it was a great time and to think it only cost 6 dollars a child!!!

We left The farm a got home just in time for my daughter to change into her leotard for gymnastics. She so didn't want to go, but I reminded her that we had already paid for the sessions and she was going to have to go. We stopped for Wendy's on the way there, I ended up dripping burger grease and Ketchup on my jeans and shirt, so after gymnastics we had to swing by the house so I could change clothes. Then we were off again, this time to Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment